In a recent Netflix documentary, designer Paula Scher jokingly mentioned, “I like leaving New York”. Indeed, sometimes the week’s buzz piles up and clogs creative thinking. For a breath of fresh perspective and inspiration, here are some destination ideas, all within 2 hours from New York City.
- If you like beautiful doors, head to Cold Spring
- If you’d like to meet new creative entrepreneurs, go to Woodstock
- For a vision of a modern village, head to Katonah
- For a dose of refined taste in interior design look no further than Hudson
- For some exquisite antiques, go to Kingston