Everything is find in Millbrook, in case you wondered. Or so it seems as you enter this refined village in Upstate New York just 20 minutes East of Poughkeepsie. There are parallels with Hudson, NY – especially in the town’s striving for graphic beauty and design. It makes it a lovely weekend destination to slow pace and get inspired.
A list of my favorite places to visit in Millbrook, NY
- Alicia Adams Alpaca: a shop by renowned designer with cozy clothes and home textiles made of alpaca wool from a nearby farm.
- Canoe Hill: a local food and coffee shop carrying a perfectly curated groceries, gifts and local goods.
- Millbrook Diner: an time-capsule diner serving American classics all day.
- Antony Todd Home: chic, sophisticated home decor and furniture showroom featuring new and discovered objet d’art from around the world.
- Barbaro: cozy elevated Italian restaurant to dine with the locals.
- Millbrook Antique Center: small outside and expansive inside, this antique center features an array of rare and well-curated antiques dating back to the 1800s.
- Juniper by Jennifer Moriarty: a well-curated gift and clothing shop.
- Babette’s Kitchen: cozy gourmet market & country eatery known for its bakery bites, lunch sandwiches & dinners to go.
- The Merritt Bookstore: an extensive local indie bookstore.