There are parts of Brooklyn that are longer to get to than Tarrytown, NY – a small village 45 minutes North of Midtown. It’s an easy getaway and is a fruitful one with historic charm sprinkled around the streets.
A list of my favorite places to visit in Tarrytown, NY
- Coffee Labs Roasters: gourmet brews and espresso bar in a quiet setting.
- Tarrytown Music Hall: a historic music hall built in the late 19th century.
- Marquee Records: Tucked inside the Music Hall, this used record store focuses on older releases at affordable prices.
- The Taco Project: casual modern Mexican eatery.
- Mint Premium Foods: cozy cafe in a food shop offering inventive Mediterranean fare.
- Belkind Bigi: a beautifully curated mid-century furniture store featuring hard to find American and Danish objects.
- Transom Bookshop: a newly opened local indie bookstore with a minimal decor.
- Lubins-N-Links Sandwich Shop: a tiny nook famous for its slow-roasted hot dogs.
- Tarrytown Woodworks: local furniture restorer and a wood workshop.